Everett Langel was appointed to the Board of Trustees in 1953. (p. 189)
There was a big fire in 1948, which damaged or destroyed many buildings. From 1948 to 1950 enrollment fell, and in 1951 enrollment fell so low that the Kansas State Department of Public Instruction revoked their Class A rating, which in turn led to the North Central Association removing St. John's from the list of approved schools. Vigorous recruitment, public relations, and building efforts turned the enrollment problem around, and in 1955 the reinstatement of the Class A rating was recommended. (pp. 58-60)
"Shortly before school closed in 1956, the Colonel once again turned his attention to plant facilities. With enrollment again moving upward it was necessary to increase the size of the faculty. By this time, full-time faculty numbered 16 and adequate housing for them was becoming an acute problem. At a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees, "It was decided that we would build a duplex and Bishop Lewis appointed Mr. Everett Langel and Mr. Dan Kastner as the 'Duplex Committee' to confer with Colonel Clem regarding the choice of plans and location." (page 63)
Our Boys Go Marching On! A History of St. John's Military School's First Ninety-Nine Years 1887-1987, by Virgil B. Loy, St. John's Military School Foundation, 1987.